Super Bowl LI: Everything you need to know for the big game
It’s the middle of winter, the holidays seem long-past, it’s time for a party! And what better excuse than the Super Bowl? Not only is it the biggest game of the year, it also features amazing performances by some of the industry’s top talents, and the commercials – well those are like mini-motion pictures that are entertaining in and of themselves.
I’m not much of a football fan, but I never miss a Super Bowl.
And neither should you.
It is a great opportunity to get out, socialize and simply have fun. Here is everything you need to know to get into this year’s game:
|Teams||New England Patriots||Atlanta Falcons|
|Colours||Blue and Silver||Red and Black|
|Will be Wearing||White uniforms||Red jerseys|
|Starting Quarterback||Tom Brady||Matt Ryan|
|Favoured to Win||Favourite||Underdog|
|Other||Gave up the fewest points per game during the regular season||Scored the most points per game during the regular season|
|# of Super Bowls||9th Super Bowl||2nd Super Bowl|
|National Anthem||Luke Bryan||Kriston Lee Pumphrey will perform the anthem in American Sign Language|
|Halftime Entertainers||Lady Gaga||Tony Bennet is the lead-in artist|
|Performance Rumours||No other headliners will join Gaga on stage||Lady Gaga is looking to elevate this year’s show by performing some of the show from the roof|
Now that we’ve got you interested in the event, who will you watch it with? Friends, family, neighbours, or out at a restaurant or sports bar?
One of the best things about a Super Bowl party is that it doesn’t matter if you don’t know the other guests very well. You can simply sit and watch the game, joining in on the group conversation whenever you want.
Another option is to join a social community. Amintro is the app that connects you with like-minded people, facilitating friendships and helping you join more social circles. Designed exclusively for those 50 plus, you can connect online and then meet confidently out in the community.
Super Bowl Quick Facts
- No Super Bowl has ever gone into overtime
- Over the last 10 years viewership of the Super Bowl has increased by 22.4 million and now reaches approximately 170 million people world wide
- Women now account for over 45% of Super Bowl viewers
- Super Bowl Sunday is the second-largest day of food consumption, after Thanksgiving
- Advertisers will pay up to $5 million for a 30-second spot
- The Vince Lombardi Trophy is made of sterling silver by Tiffany & Co. and is valued at over $25,000
- After taking a hiatus from Roman numerals for Super Bowl 50 last year, tradition has been restored!
Sign up to Amintro for free at www.amintro.com/pre-register or learn more about us, our community and how to become an Amintronian by following us on Twitter: @AmintroLiving, or liking us on Facebook: AmintroLiving.
By Christine Tompa